The Valpak $5,000
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR SUBMISSION TO SALES PRESENTATIONS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. NO CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENT IMPLIED.
1. SPONSOR: The Valpak $5,000 Tip Giveaway (the â€œSweepstakesâ€) is sponsored by Valpak Direct Marketing Systems, Inc. (â€œValpakâ€) (â€œSponsorâ€).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the additional limitations set forth below, the Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor, CBS Broadcasting Inc. (the â€œPromotional Partnerâ€) or any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees and advertising or promotional agencies, or to the immediate family members of, or to any persons domiciled with, any such employees. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, â€œimmediate family membersâ€ are defined as spouses, children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren.
4. PRIZE & ODDS: The award of the prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a check for $5,000.00.
The prize is non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions by the winner are allowed. Sweepstakes Entities (as defined below) reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason whatsoever. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state and local taxes on the prize value awarded and for any costs incurred in claiming or using that prize. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim the Grand Prize. As a condition of receiving the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete, sign and have notarized an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release, which must be returned via mail or hand delivery within ten (10) business days of date of senderâ€™s notification postmark. Failure of the Grand Prize Winner to timely sign, notarize and return any required affidavit and release, or to claim a prize, or comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute Grand Prize Winner to be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries.
5. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: A random drawing from among all eligible entries received will be conducted by the Sponsorâ€™s fulfillment center during regular business hours on or about October 14, 2011 to select one (1) Grand Prize Winner. The Sponsorâ€™s fulfillment center will attempt to contact the selected Grand Prize Provisional Winner in person by telephone during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET) using the telephone number provided on the Provisional Winnerâ€™s entry form. If Sponsorâ€™s fulfillment center is unable to reach the Grand Prize Provisional Winner in person by telephone (Sponsorâ€™s fulfillment center will attempt to reach Provisional Winner up to three (3) times during a twenty-four hour period and no messages will be left), that Grand Prize Provisional Winner will be disqualified and a substitute Grand Prize Provisional Winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries. The first eligible Grand Prize Provisional Winner that the Sponsor successfully contacts personally by telephone and who claims the Grand Prize in accordance with these Official Rules will be declared the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner may waive the right to receive a prize. The return of the prize, affidavit/release or prize notification as undeliverable, or the Grand Prize Winnerâ€™s failure to otherwise comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of all interest in the prize, and selection of a substitute Grand Prize Provisional Winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor, Promotional Partner, and their respective advertising and promotional agencies to use the Grand Prize Winnerâ€™s name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for any commercial, publicity or promotional purposes without further compensation, review or approval, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF THE GRAND PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANTâ€™S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
6. PARTICIPATION. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, Promotional Partner and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators appointed by Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes will be ineligible for the prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
7. RELEASE. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Promotional Partner and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, and each such companyâ€™s officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives and successors and assigns (collectively, the â€œSweepstakes Entitiesâ€) from and against any claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, loss of enjoyment, or any other harm whatsoever arising out of: (1) participation in the Sweepstakes; (2) the quality, receipt, possession, use, or misuse of any prize; or (3) any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize.
8. DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY. By entering, participants acknowledge and agree that the Sweepstakes Entities will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession/use and/or misuse of prize(s), the theft of prizes or mail, travel to and from or participation in any prize-related activity, participation in the Sweepstakes, downloading or any use of QR Code reader applications or QR Code, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, postage-due, forged, illegible, inaudible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any participantâ€™s or third personâ€™s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to award all prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED â€œAS ISâ€ AND THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS REGARDING THE PRIZES AND ANY QR CODE READER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL USE OR PURPOSE.
Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes.
9. SWEEPSTAKES MAIL OPT-OUT REQUEST/WINNERS LIST. To request the name and hometown of the Grand Prize Winner (available after November 16, 2011), an official mail-in entry form and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped business-size envelope to The Valpak $5,000 Tip Giveaway, P.O. Box 13428, St. Petersburg, Florida 33733, Attn: Promotions Department. Indicate whether you are requesting the name of the Grand Prize Winner, or a copy of these Official Rules, or any combination of the foregoing. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage for rules and/or official mail-in entry forms. If you no longer wish to receive mailings for sweepstakes sponsored by Valpak, write to 8605 Largo Lakes Drive, Largo, FL 33773 - Attn: Sweepstakes Removal.